- the difference between exaltation and exultation
- the difference between assume and presume (ass/presuming there is one)
- Other words like sanguine that I can’t think of right now but regularly run into and only partially decode based on context clues
- basically any word starting with “pan”
- lief (??)
- counterfactual. i could probably give you something approaching a definition but i have no fucking clue what it really means when people use it.
- Ionian, Corithian(?) and Dorian columns, the differences between
- alligator and crocodile (as referents, not references)
- “referent,” unless I used it correctly in the last sentence, in which case I at least sort-of know what it means
- option select, apparently, because every time anyone (inc. me) uses it someone else says they’re wrong
this list is incomplete. in case you were wondering. i know a lot more words that i dont know what they mean.